Sunday, November 25, 2007

Can I Quote You On That?

I was reading the latest issue of "The Craft Report" earlier today and came across a quote that struck me, "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there's love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." That was from the oh so talented Ella Fitzgerald. It's a very poignant statement at this time in my life. One I hope to commit to memory.

I've come across quotes from time to time that make me take a pause. I thought I'd share a few with you:

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." ~Bill Cosby

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." ~Georgia O'Keeffe

"Not all those that wander are lost." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies in us." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T. S. Elliot

"You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far." ~Uncle Remus in Song of the South

"Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before." ~Joseph Campbell

"The trick is growing up without growing old." ~Casey Stengel

"Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway." ~Mary Kay Ash

"The most potent muse of all is our own inner child." ~Stephen Nachmanovitch

"Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience." ~Victoria Holt

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." ~Joseph Chilton Pearce

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching." ~Mark Twain

"Saying no can be the ultimate self-care." ~Claudia Black

"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew." ~Guillaume Apollinaire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home