Sunday, August 27, 2006

One Skein, One Good Time

My mother and I participated in the One Skein Secret Swap, and with some ups and downs, we had a wonderful time. Neither of us have participated in swaps of any sort for sometime because it became increasingly annoying to work very hard on our end only to get something with no thought or effort back (e.g. one or two hastily stamped images on a card for a mail art swap), if anything at all.

But with the One Skein swap, the delightful lady who's been sending to my mom has struck up a wonderful friendship with her. The mother/daughter team I've been sending to are kindred spirits and very inspiring.

Though I forgot to take pictures of the two skeins I sent for June and July, here is the final package I'm sending this week.


The one skein item is the cute handbag that I made for Lucy using Cascade 220. I added a magnet snap and then covered the connections with the shell buttons. The book, "Ella Minnow Pea", is also for Lucy. I picked it because she said she loved to read and loves words. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and wanted her to have a copy. The skein on the right is for Kiki for being such a wonderful mom. I hope they like my choices.

Because of the fun mom and I had, we've joined a few other swaps that we came upon while blogging and hope for the same happy results. Crossing fingers... and toes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love doing swaps and trades because there are some really talented people out there. Plus I'm too busy playing with beads to learn how to knit = ) It's awesome that you put so much thought into your package, and I'm sure it will be very appreciated.

8/27/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mandi,

Thanks for your kind words. Actually, my original reason for joining the swap was to get back into some knitting as it had been some years. Beads are still my life but I'm finding ways to incorporate them into other fiber arts and expanding my range. I'm still looking for "my thing" so experimentation is helping and loads of fun. I'm hoping to find some more beading swaps and BALs to get myself into.

8/28/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

You made that handbag???! That is adorable, and I love the color, too:)

8/30/2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Diane. =) It was lots of fun too. So much so that I'm knitting myself one in a variegated purple. I'll post pictures when it's done.

8/31/2006 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home