Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Must Be Out Of My Mind

Well, I did it. I laid in wait in front of my computer last night and at 9:00 PM EST sharp (and loads of refresh hitting), I pounced on the opportunity to get a 6 month subscription to Scout's Indie Swag Club. Due to a technicality, several of us (ok 18 of us) managed to get in beyond the 10 person limit. Through thewondrousnesss of Scout and the other participating contributors, we were allowed to keep our memberships. *Drops to her knees and thanks Scout repeatedly*

So now 6 months of gorgeous limited-edition hand painted sock yarn and additional swag is coming my way starting next month. But....

I'VE NEVER MADE SOCKS IN MY ENTIRE KNITTING LIFE!

OK, deep breathes. The whole point of me signing up, beyond getting my hands on that lovely yarn, was to get me to actually make socks. My mom does and they're gorgeous. So stay tuned folks for the frustration, the cursing, the sore fingers and hopefully the happy results starting sometime in October. MOM! HELP!

8 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Mom is willing to help. As long as she can share in the spoils. Once you make your first pair, you will be hooked.
Love ya,
Mom

9/14/2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! I hope that I don't end up turning this into a "surprise" gift to you. Thanks for any and all help. I'm going to need it.

9/15/2006 8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you should check out podcasts like the KnitCast or Cast-on. Sometimes they have great stories about knitting projects gone awry! Then with the knowledge that you're not the only one "out of your mind," you can conquer the socks. Either way, I wish you crafty luck!

9/18/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm envious! Not, that I could have afforded the membership, but I was drooling over it. You don't have to do socks with the yarn. You could make and fingerless gloves.

9/18/2006 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lucky girl! i just finished my second pair of socks and can i just tell you, i think i'm hooked. and it's really easy - and this is coming from someone who had(has?) tiny needle phobia - you're gonna dig it. anyway, i was just checking in to say hi and that i'm having a grand old time with your funky scarf!

9/18/2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger magKNITficent said...

I have a serious case of fiber envy!

I'm sure your socks will be great, and your mom is right once you knit a pair you'll be hooked.

9/19/2006 1:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mandi: Thanks for the reminder. I do listen to Cast-On and enjoy the "Sweater" section. It does remind me that mistakes do and will happen. Just frog those stiches and do it again!

Jennifer: I promise to post pictures of the goodies as they arrive. And don't forget that she's doing a second round so keep your eyes open. As for the fingerless gloves, never made those either! More things for me to learn I guess. =)

funky pal: Hi there you sneak. That's what I keep hearing about socks. I hope like you I can get over the fear. Also glad you're having fun with the scarf. I'm waiting patiently (though I'm terrible when it comes to waiting for presents) for the funkiness to arrive.

Maggie: I think I got into some sort of envy/craze/whatever you want to call it to which is why I did this. Will post pictures of the goodies and the progess.

9/19/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kathy,

I also forgot it was PM not AM.

As for help, trust me, I'll be yelling! LOL

9/28/2006 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home