Sunday, October 01, 2006

Knitflix Swap

Jennifer over on Craftylilly Knitting and Beading did an EXCELLENT swap called "Knitflix" that just ended. I hope there will be another round. *hint* *hint* This was a non-secret partner swap were participants came up with a knitting/movie package to give to each other. It had to include one movie, supplies for a fun movie night, and some fiber related goody be it actual yarn or something related like needles or a pattern.

My victim partner was the delightful Maggie of MagKNITficent. We have very similar tastes so it was especially fun to find something that she'd really enjoy. After reading her questionnaire, her blog, and a few email exchanges, I came up with a black and white movie theme. Here's what I sent:

Contents:
- The movie Casablanca, a must for any classic movie and/or Humphrey Bogart fan.
- A black and white box of tissues because with Casablanca, you're gonna need it.
- A box of "Black & White" sweetened popcorn. You must have popcorn for movie watching.
- Two bags of M&Ms, one in white and one in black, because there also must always be chocolate around when doing anything.
- 3 skeins of black and white (and gray) sock yarn to make cute socks with while watching the movie.
- A pair of black sunglasses to feel like a starlette in.
- A clapboard tray to hold all the goodies on.

I stuffed the box with white tissue paper and black confetti like streamers to make it festive when she opened it. Maggie, I hope it didn't get everywhere!

Another version of the same shot, in theme fashion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

What a fun swap and what a great job you did with what you sent. She must have just loved it!!!

10/03/2006 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I am your SP from SP9. Just a quick note to tell you I am thinking about you and cannot wait to learn more about you.

:)

10/12/2006 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very unique. I love black & white. Also, thanks for all of your kind comments. I always love hearing from you:)

10/13/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Secret Pal! I am so happy to be a part of this and look forward to all the fun. =)

And Diana, like I said before, I'm so delighted to have gotten the chance to know you. =)

10/13/2006 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home