Monday, March 26, 2007

Funky Convertible

I've completed the bag for the Knitted Purse Swap 2. Now I just need to fill it with goodies and get it mailed off. I'm pleased with the way the Jayne's AP Bag came out and will definitely be making more, especially one for myself! I made one modification to the design and that was in the strap. So that it can be worn over the shoulder or in the hand, I put snaps on the handle so the length can be changed as seen fit. Hope my partner likes it as much as I do.

The bag with straps all the way out.


The straps buttoned up short.

Side shot of the strap buttoned up short.


The strapped opened up so you can see all the hardware.

7 Comments:

Blogger jayne said...

That turned out terrific! I love your colours and the way you did your strap. A convertible strap is a great idea. Glad you enjoyed the knit. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

3/26/2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love, love, love it!!!

3/28/2007 10:57 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

The bag turned out great!! You have a very lucky partner!! I love the strap idea!!

3/29/2007 10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it great! Thanks Jayne for creating the pattern. Now Jennifer and Janice, go make one too!

Hmm... J, J, and J. I see a trend here.

3/30/2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

excellent job! I don't normally like bags that style but I do really like yours. I wish i had known about this swap earlier!

4/06/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

yay! see, the colors did work well together :) i can't believe your husband was skeptical.

4/10/2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

I love your bag... the idea of a expandable handle is prefect for the bag I'm making for my ITE4 partner... could you tell me how you did it??

thanks a bunch

Vicki

6/03/2007 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home