Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sign Right Here

While doing a little pre-Spring cleaning this holiday weekend, I found my autograph pants! Yeah, I was one of those funky art kids in high school meaning I couldn't do things like everyone else.

Instead of signing my year book, I had several of my friends "sign" my pants. It was a great conversation piece and is still a wonderful piece of art. And all because I accidentally got black marker on my favorite pants and refused to throw them away. I doodled over the spot and from there it just kept going.




The front and the back of my pants

"Pocket Dragon" by Dave (part of the tail is not shown because this dragon is partially in the pocket!)


"Merman" by my high school boyfriend Ian

"Happy Elf" by Ian's mom

"Protecting Dragon" by James

During college I did something similar to a pair of jeans that had gotten bleach on by accident. Instead of having other's sign it though, I use bleach and a Q-tip to "draw" on the pants and then around that used fabric markers to do graffiti on them.

Come to think of it, I've got some clothes that need altering!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

How cool! The art is incredible.

2/22/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I love them!!!! Sooo cool, they are terrific

2/23/2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I need to find out a way to display them or at least keep them from "aging" any more than they are. White pants are pretty but they don't exactly stay white forever.

2/23/2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

I, too, am amazed by those drawings. That is so cool!!

2/23/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I had no idea at the time )other than the guy I was seeing then) that I'd have such wonderful pieces of art created in such a unique way. =)

2/25/2007 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home