Friday, January 26, 2007

Why Revisting Your Stash Is A Good Thing

Thank you Rebekah, thank you!

I was recently thinking about what yarn and supplies I'd need for my two swaps (PS2 and ITE3) and what other yarn I'd want to buy for personal projects. Trying to stay with my one free shopping day a month for the next 3 months, I wanted to make these trips good ones. Well I knew I wanted to make this stunning wrap I saw in the Spring issue of Knitscene so I started adding the accessories to my list. Then it hit me. Check out your stash silly; you just might have the yarn already in there. That or mom had it in one of her piles. Yes mom, some of that is mine. Don't think I forgot. ;-)

So I looked and guess what? I pulled down the very first bin and saw that I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED!!! YFC #2 saved me a goodly amount of money because the yarn called for was 630 yards of a mohair, wool, and nylon blended. The skein I have from a local artisan (Roz Houseknecht) totaled 968 YARDS!

I wonder what else I have?

The Magazine

The Pattern

The Yarn

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Don't you love it when everything comes together!

1/26/2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

I cannot wait to see the wrap done.. it is going to be amazing!!

I'm starting to plan my purse for ITE III.... I can't wait!

I will be thinking of you on your birthday!! I always celebrate the end of tax season...and I'll eat an extra piece of cake in your honor ;-)

You really should plan on celebrating your 1/2 birthday as well... Doesn't hurt to try, anyways!! LOL

1/27/2007 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I could help! It's amazing what we forget we have in our stash.

1/29/2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Hi bestestest seeekrit pal ever!

Ok so that almost hurt spelling so poorly.

But yay! I got my final package today. I took pics before I left for work, but forgot that our firewall keeps me out of photobucket. I will post pics on my blog when I get the chance.

You have been one of the most dead on pals I've ever had. And can we say "spoiled!" I've never had such yummy stuff sent to me in the mail. :D

Thanks for being such a wonderful pal, I'm going to cast on the socks shortly, have a pair of squishy house socks on needles now.

Oh, and to combat the second sock synd. you should totally try the magic loop method. It's a little ticky at first, but I suggest using the magic cast on from Knitty and you are good to go. :D

Yay for secret pals, thank you so much. I love, have loved, and still love everything you've sent.

1/29/2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jennifer: I do, I do, I do!

Janice: I am looking forward to getting to work on the wrap myself. When I pick up the yarn for my two swaps, I'm going to pick up a swift as well. It will be so much easier to handle all that yarn!

As for the swaps, I'm planning too! I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing but I want to double check on one of them before I begin.

Make sure it's an especially decandent piece of tax/birthday cake!

Oh, I definitely will be celebrating 1/2 birthdays from now on. =)

Rebekah: *nods enthusiastically*

Lacey: Ah gawrsh! I had a blast spoiling you. You were lots of fun to come up with neat stuff for. I look forward to staying in touch. *hug*

1/29/2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home