Monday, January 22, 2007

Purse Swap II Questionnaire

Hi secret purse pal. Here is my questionnaire to help you get to know me. Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Except for acrylic (unless it's the fun and funky type), I like most yarns. I haven't tried bamboo so I can't speak for that one though it feels nice.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
At the moment a large plastic bag for all my straights, double pointeds, and accessories. I do have a circular needles kit so that's taken care of.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Hard question to answer across the board. I learned to knit maybe 8 or more years ago. Went all out (e.g. my fourth or fifth project ever was a lace shawl) and then other hobbies got in the way. Especially when I discovered beadwork. Now I balance between beading and knitting though I am now learning to sew and do machine embroidery (my mom's fault).

As to what I consider my skill level, I'd say I'm intermediate. I'm willing to take on just about anything and I still need to refer to my books from time to time for certain stitches and techniques.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
For knitting: My Knitting Wish List on Amazon

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I'm not much on rose and strong florals though I do like honeysuckle. I'm more into edible smells and fresh smells like chocolate or ginger. Basically nothing heavy. They give me a headache.

My favorite place to get scented oils/perfumes is Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (aka BPAL). *sigh* Example description of one of their oils:

BLACK PEARL- Evocative of the sea's unplumbed mysteries. Gentle and lovely, but menacing and profound. Coconut, Florentine iris, hazelnut and opalescent white musk. And it really smells like that too! You can get what they call "imp's ears" which are those little glass samplers for $3.50 a shot or 6 for $19.50. They also tend to include extra samples to tempt you.

I tend to use incense over candles. One day I'd like to try to blend my own incense.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
My husband has the sweet tooth. LOL! I do like really good chocolate, especially truffles and caramels. My guilty pleasure would be Reese's Cups though. I'm more of a salt fiend and can wipe out a whole bag of Cheese Doodles by myself! Yay Cheese Doodles!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Again, I'm a beadweaver as well as a knitter. I'm now learning to sew and do machine embroidery. I haven't spun in a long time (my mom has my spinning wheel now) but I do have a drop spindle I'm determined to learn and master darn it! I use to be into mail art but got turned off by project partners and mail pals who were putting no effort into their work (one stamp on a blank card) because they were only in it to get the art and cards and such. I have been in to all sorts of arts and crafts over the years but this is my current collection.

8. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I can't think of colors I don't like though I do favor earth tones (rusts and such) and beachy colors (sea greens and washed blues). Where my issue is when bad colors collide. For example: green, yellow and purple are colors that should just not be put together. Yuck!

9. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married for going on 5 wonderful years this coming Halloween. We don't have children or pets.

10. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Don't know just yet. I've just discovered the fun of socks so I can see myself making many more of them. I love making bags and I haven't made any lace shawls in awhile but I want to get back into that. I've yet to knit a sweater (fear of finishing) for myself or anyone so that's a goal I'm shooting for.

11. What are you knitting right now?
I'm finally getting around to finishing my first pair of socks. I was making great time and then work and holidays got in the way and I just crawled to a snails pace.

12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Either. I prefer bamboo or some other wood needle so the stitches don't slip and slide about, but it's not mandatory.

13. Is there anything that you collect?
DISNEY stuff! Especially pins. Unusual glass beads. Interesting cookbooks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the salty snacks. For me, its usually popcorn or chips & salsa=:)

1/24/2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! You have GOT to get your hands on some bamboo yarn: It's HEAVENLY! My friend just knit a pink baby cap with it, and I wanted the cap for myself. Heck, I'd HAVE a baby, just to own that darn cap! LoL!!!

I'm a strictly dark, bitter-sweet chocolate gal myself. Lurve it! But I sway between the sweet and salty. And COFFEE!

(Ditto to Diana's porpcorn or chips & (medium for moi please) salsa :)

1/25/2007 9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Diana: I know what to bring for hang out food if we ever get the chance to meet. =)

Jewels: On my free shopping day I will! Good dark chocolate is the way to go. There is a small confectioner a few towns away that makes some intense dark chocolate truffles in amazing flavors. Can you imagine Margarita truffles? A soft lime filling, dark chocolate outside and a few pieces of sea salt on top. *shudder*

Never got into coffee but I can drink some hot chocolate like nobodies business!

1/25/2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home