Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh, Oh It's Magic

My mom is one who loves to come up with truly unique gifts. Decade candy boxes from Hometown Favorites for Valentines day, birthday fortune cookies for Bryan with special messages from her in them, a customized romance novel for our anniversary, etc... This time she truly out did herself.

Some months ago she was working in Texas and found out she was not far from the Scarborough Renaissance Faire. Having got her hooked last year on Faires, she just had to go. Well one day I get an email from her that she needs a photo of Bryan and I in our Renaissance Faire garb. I didn't question why because I just thought it was to show some of her co-workers that she was trying to explain the whole Faire thing to. I promptly forgot all about it. Flash forward to Thanksgiving day last week.

When Bryan and I arrived at her place that afternoon, she was very excited and just had to give us our anniversary/Christmas present right then (she didn't know when she'd see us next). She hands us a large flat package and when we ripped off the paper, this is what we found:

Isn't it gorgeous?!?
I grin from ear to ear every time I look at it. It's even more wonderful because I've always wanted something like this but never found anyone's work I truly liked or knew how to contact. Now to either attach the frame it came with or pick up one that looks old. Not sure which I'd like better.
Below is the photo I sent mom that Christine Angele of Poetic Portraits worked from. Apparently Ms. Angele has a booth at the Texas Faire and mom fell in love with her work. I think she did an excellent job hiding my purse. I'd forgotten about it until mom mentioned it.

Mom also got photos of the painting/picture made that just came in so I'll pick them up Friday when she comes down for lunch. I'm a happy daughter. =)

4 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Really glad that you liked the portrait. I sent Christine an email and told her to check out your blog if she wanted to know how much you liked it.
MOM

11/29/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

You sound like you have a very creative, fun mom!! Lucky you! I love the painting... what an extraordinary gift!! It is fun to have things that just make you smile whenever you see them.

11/30/2006 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say your vegan pal package will be in the mail today. I hope you like everything!
Ciao,
Vegan Pal

12/01/2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah it's so very cool. And to my Vegan pal, I'll let you know when it arrives.

12/04/2006 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home