Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Many WIPs

OK, so now I'm beading AND knitting. I seriously need to be independently wealthy or figure out how to make my hobbies pay for themselves (and the rent, groceries, etc...). At least they keep me sane.

These are my current Works In Progress; projects that are far enough along that I really need to finish before I dare start another:

Here is sock #1 of my very first pair of socks. I'm using the sock yarn "B-Marie" that I got from Scout's Indie Swag Club. There is suppose to be a picot type edge on the top but it drove me nuts so I'm going to come back and fold over/stitch down that section once I've finished the sock. You don't want to know how many times I had to frog this thing before I got this far. Sailors don't curse as much as I did during this process. This is suppose to be fun right?

This is the hooded baby blanket I'm making my husband's niece for her new baby girl. It will be ready by Christmas and I never want to see another pink skein of yarn for as long as I live, or my eyes stop bleeding, which ever comes first. Oh if you could see how truly pink this thing is! Hubba Bubba bubble gum pink!

I also have several crocheted ropes that I need to finish. The ropes are done, I just need to decide what clasp method I want on them and what extra embellishment I want to add.

This one was a challenge in that I was using irregularly cut square beads and then used round beads to combine the two ends into one piece (not really that hard after all). I'm tempted to do a beaded clasp for this but I'm not sure what look I want. I was also thinking about doing some silver beaded bands to add to it but now I'm thinking a simply wire and bead wrap to gather it together would be nicer. Hmm...

This is actually the first beaded crochet piece I ever did. I was all set to finish it and then kept changing my mind on what kind of embellishment it needed. I went with one idea that just never worked out so I ripped that out. I was thinking of other ideas when Bryan said it looked pretty just the way it was. Looking at it, I have to agree. So now I just need pretty yet simply end caps and a clasp to call this one done.

This was an experiment with variegated thread and clear (iridescent in this case) beads. I finished it while sitting with my mom on the balcony of our stateroom on the Disney Wonder. We were relaxing and watching the sunset while we prepared to disembark from Castaway Cay. I looked at this and realized how much it reminded me of that sunset and thought how nice it would be to somehow incorporate some of the shells I'd picked up from the beach into it. Still playing with that idea.

No, that's not all my WIPs. The others are either basically kits (pieces gathered but not started), or sorta started but not enough to call it "in motion". I really need to finish these before I move to the next piece (unless it's quick of course). Like I said, I NEED MORE TIME!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sell your work on Etsy:)

11/17/2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really need to learn how to bead crochet! Excellent beading and knitting...why don't you save some talent for the rest of us ;)

11/17/2006 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't we all need more time. Cool that you got started on a sock, and on circs! Nicely done. I was wondering if I should get you some sock needles, but I suppose not. Your package is nearly done, I just get to go shopping for something now. I'm afraid to go shopping, as I always end up with more yarn for me. ;)

- Your Vegan Pal

11/17/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm seriously working toward putting something up on Etsy. I have the shop started, just need to make a few things to put in it.

As for saving some talent for the rest of you. Are you kidding!?! MINEMINEMINE! LOL!

Vegan Pal, you're a darling. You've got me terrible curious.

11/17/2006 11:31 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

You are incredibly talented!!! What beautiful work you do. I love the beaded crochet!! The final finishing touches are always the hardest... because your mind as already transitioned to the next project (or 3 or 4) that you want to do!! Keep up your incredibly inspirational work!!

11/19/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Janice!

Thanks so much. =)

You're right about finishing touches and wanting to start the next project. Maybe that's why I have so many in different stages in the first place. LOL!

11/23/2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home