Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wait A Minute Mr. Postman

Since coming over to Blogger and meeting so many wonderful people in crafty blog-land, I have come to love my mail box again, my studio is once more a place of wild creativity, and I feel I've made some really inspiring new friends.

So now let me show you what's brought on this love fest:


This is the wonderful Knitflix swap package that I received from Maggie who I must apologize to for not posting this picture sooner. Isn't it fabulous!?! It's based on the movie "Finding Neverland" and Maggie stuffed the box with:

- The movie "Finding Neverland" (can Johnny Depp do anything badly?).

- 4 skeins of gorgeous yarn ( 2 are Jaeger which I am lusting over and their mine)

- the knitting magazine Knitscene (totally drool worthy)

- a big box of Whoppers (lasted 3 days)

- a big box of Junior Mints (hiding in my office at work for emergencies)

- a big box of Milk Duds (sadly melted during the trip here),

- 4 cute candy rings (two were presented to a dear friend's daughter and her best friend when we went to Faire for her birthday. Princesses need bling you know)

- a bag of white chocolate M&Ms (the first to go and barely lasted one day)

This stunning brooch is called "Blue Skin" by Grace Danel which I received through the 2nd Annual Face Brooch Swap (click on the image in Mamarox's post to see all the pins). There is something about it that is very mystical and grand. I have plans to make a necklace for it so that the brooch can be used as a pendant.

I found this little card in my mailbox earlier this week from my Secret Pal 9 partner. *SQUEAL*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the skein and swag I received from Scout for my first Indie Swag Club package. Love it! The wild bag is something I'm going to have to hide from a few people because it's so very them. I'm especially tickled by the sock yarn because it's similar to what I sent Maggie for the Knitflix swap, and I really liked it. I think I've figured out what my very first pair of socks will be using this. I just need to get the needles and go for it! To all you sock knitters out there, stay tuned because I'm going to have LOADS of questions.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I received this wonderful package Thursday. I knew it was coming but still wasn't prepared for the kindness inside. This package is from Kiki and Lucy of Luscious Gracious. Kiki and her daughter Lucy were who I had as my One Skein secret pals. That is, I was the one sending them goodies. Between the emails and reading their blog, I discovered a family who truly loves craft; they enjoy a creative life that is inspiring. Inside the package, along with a letter from Kiki that I devoured ever page of, I received:

- A funny postcard from Lucy showing a 10,000 pound saguaro cactus squashing an old station wagon.

- The prettiest handspun skein of Merino wool yarn in peach and pink. Lucy recommended the "Candy Wrapper Sachet" from the One Skein book and I must agree. The yarn's colors remind me of salt water taffy so I think it would be perfect.

- A little bag of beautiful Cat's Eye beads that I've already got ideas for. >=)

- And a whole handblended batt of Merino wool in "Wild Blueberry", made by one of her dear friends and for me to practice my drop spindle spinning on. I wish the photograph did this one justice. It's this lovely bluish purple color with wisps of soft pale silver. If you've seen fresh blueberries, you'll know exactly what this looks like.

I am not stretching the truth in any manner by saying I absolutely LOVE YOU ALL!

9 Comments:

Blogger debi said...

I know! What is better than when the postman brings a box full of fun? What a lot of fantastic stuff, too! Lucky girl.

10/22/2006 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the beaded face!! Aren't swaps so much fun???

10/24/2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks ladies. These swaps are becoming an addiction, but in a good way. I just have to remind myself not to pile too many on that end close to the same time. EEK!

Now to just find more time to play.

10/24/2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Luscious Gracious said...

I am so happy that your postal employees are good to you! And that you liked your package. We are so happy to know you, and to see what you are up to on your wonderful blog. Can't wait to see that face on a necklace...it's really, truly magical.
love,
kiki and lucy

10/25/2006 1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Postman will be bringing you something else soon. Just a little package.
- Your Vegan Pal

10/26/2006 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Look for a DHL package tomorrow!!

Have fun,

Your Secret Pal

10/30/2006 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Vegan Pal requests information! I must know some things... it is pertinent to the survivial of the planet. Yesss....
Easy one first: Did you receive your package?
Now, onto the harder question -- Which, if any, of the following things do you not use/like: mittens, scarves, purses, sunglasses, hats, totes, legwarmers.
Thank you!
=)
Your Vegan Pal

11/03/2006 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there... I'm so pleased that you like the 'blue skin' face. Actually I'm thrilled! I lost track of the swap and where all the faces ended up. Finding this post/blog made my day!
Take care,
Grace

11/20/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi There :) I'm glad to "hear" that you love the Wild Blueberry Batt! I hope you had/have a wonderful time spinning it up!

Happy Spinning (and knitting too!),
SpritelyGoods Stephanie

2/15/2007 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home