Wait A Minute Mr. Postman
So now let me show you what's brought on this love fest:
This is the wonderful Knitflix swap package that I received from Maggie who I must apologize to for not posting this picture sooner. Isn't it fabulous!?! It's based on the movie "Finding Neverland" and Maggie stuffed the box with:
- The movie "Finding Neverland" (can Johnny Depp do anything badly?).
- 4 skeins of gorgeous yarn ( 2 are Jaeger which I am lusting over and their mine)
- the knitting magazine Knitscene (totally drool worthy)
- a big box of Whoppers (lasted 3 days)
- a big box of Junior Mints (hiding in my office at work for emergencies)
- a big box of Milk Duds (sadly melted during the trip here),
- 4 cute candy rings (two were presented to a dear friend's daughter and her best friend when we went to Faire for her birthday. Princesses need bling you know)
- a bag of white chocolate M&Ms (the first to go and barely lasted one day)
This stunning brooch is called "Blue Skin" by Grace Danel which I received through the 2nd Annual Face Brooch Swap (click on the image in Mamarox's post to see all the pins). There is something about it that is very mystical and grand. I have plans to make a necklace for it so that the brooch can be used as a pendant.
I found this little card in my mailbox earlier this week from my Secret Pal 9 partner. *SQUEAL*
This is the skein and swag I received from Scout for my first Indie Swag Club package. Love it! The wild bag is something I'm going to have to hide from a few people because it's so very them. I'm especially tickled by the sock yarn because it's similar to what I sent Maggie for the Knitflix swap, and I really liked it. I think I've figured out what my very first pair of socks will be using this. I just need to get the needles and go for it! To all you sock knitters out there, stay tuned because I'm going to have LOADS of questions.
I received this wonderful package Thursday. I knew it was coming but still wasn't prepared for the kindness inside. This package is from Kiki and Lucy of Luscious Gracious. Kiki and her daughter Lucy were who I had as my One Skein secret pals. That is, I was the one sending them goodies. Between the emails and reading their blog, I discovered a family who truly loves craft; they enjoy a creative life that is inspiring. Inside the package, along with a letter from Kiki that I devoured ever page of, I received:
- A funny postcard from Lucy showing a 10,000 pound saguaro cactus squashing an old station wagon.
- The prettiest handspun skein of Merino wool yarn in peach and pink. Lucy recommended the "Candy Wrapper Sachet" from the One Skein book and I must agree. The yarn's colors remind me of salt water taffy so I think it would be perfect.
- A little bag of beautiful Cat's Eye beads that I've already got ideas for. >=)
- And a whole handblended batt of Merino wool in "Wild Blueberry", made by one of her dear friends and for me to practice my drop spindle spinning on. I wish the photograph did this one justice. It's this lovely bluish purple color with wisps of soft pale silver. If you've seen fresh blueberries, you'll know exactly what this looks like.
I am not stretching the truth in any manner by saying I absolutely LOVE YOU ALL!