Friday, October 13, 2006

The Orange Dreamsicle

I have come to love getting the mail these days. Today's delivery brought me my very own funky scarf goodness from my sneaky Funky Scarf Swap partner, Debi aka SpunMonkeyBean.

I read the card she included first before checking out my scarf and from how she described herself, I was immediately intrigued about what was hidden inside the pretty starburst tissue paper.

Wanna see what I got?


So very funky and beautiful, and it will definitely be getting worn lots.

Come closer. It's all in the details you know. Debi wrote that one of the thinks she enjoys is spinning yarn which makes this scarf even more special, and it's so soft! Besides being properly funky in design, the colors are really great. I'm reminded of an orange dreamsicle shake. It's in a soft shade of orange with tufts of white and one little spot of magenta on one end which could be the cherry on top!

Each end is different. One has dangly fringe while the other is solid. Can you guess which one is my favorite?
Thank you so much Debi. It's just wonderful! =)

There's some magic in this scarf as well, you can smell it (it smells really good). It makes me wanna get funky!

OK, apparently it's past my bedtime, or maybe it's the Dulce De Leche liqueur. Either way, it's time to take my silly funkiness to bed. Night all!

11 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Very cool!

10/13/2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great scarf--looks wonderful on you!

10/13/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

oooooOOOoooooh!!!!! I'm jealous!! And I love all your pics!

10/14/2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. This was a fantabulous swap. =)

And Zarah, yes the anticipation is horrible but when your scarf gets there, I bet you're going to be just as pleased.

10/14/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger debi said...

I'm so glad you like it. I such fun making it, and it looks gorgeous on you!

10/14/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger debi said...

Wow, I should really caffeinate before posting - or at least proofread! anyway, you get the idea... :)

10/14/2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I LOVE it!! Fantastic.

10/14/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Debi did a fabulous job! It looks wonderful on you, perfect colors! (I also would have alluded to the "Cherry on top") ;)

10/14/2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so much fun!!! And, the scarf is divine:)

10/17/2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

What a fun fun scarf... and your pictures are just as fun!! I think I need to join more swaps...they are so fun to be a part of!

10/17/2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Debi - LOL! Sleep, caffeine, it's all the same. Thanks again!

Jennifer - Thanks. I think Scout's looks great on you too. =)

Jewels - You would. *giggle*

Diane - This was a blast. I hope she runs another one. =)

Janice - Tell me about it. I'm already scouring the blogs for more mischief to get into. =)

10/18/2006 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home