Monday, November 13, 2006

The "Hesitation" Tote

Finally finished and sent my tote for the International Tote Exchange II swap last week. How I got so far behind? Hesitations with the finally details. Had never sewn in a zipper before and hesitated. Silly, because it came out fine. Had forgotten to incorporate the beaded fringe and didn't know what to do next. Again, silly because I sewed it in along the top edge and it looks so cute there. Finally, trying to decide on the strap and the button/loop flap. In the end, I used a simply I cord for the strap and used a leather cord to secure the button and loop flap.

Added some really nice smelling soap and a package of chocolate and off it went. It's hard to see in this photo what the bag looks like. I just couldn't seem to get a good angle on it. It's a simple rectangle, initially knit in the round. The zipper goes in in the opposite direction of the seam (so it's torqued). What you're seeing in the photo is the top edge folded over and attached to the lower opposite corner with that button/loop I mentioned earlier. I have a cloth version of this exact bag and really enjoy it. I want to make one of these for myself (LATER!) . I hope she likes it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

Love the tote...told you it would come out all right. Now I want to see your socks.

Love Mom

11/15/2006 12:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That looks awesome and I bet your swap buddy will love it and the extras = ) I tried to knit, but I'm just not good, so I'm really impressed with people that can. But I've had a few knitters look at my beads and say they'd go blind working with them, so it makes me feel a little better ; )

11/15/2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mom: It went better than I thought; thanks for your help on the fringe placement. Socks are in progress. I'll post pictures of how it the first one looks so far. Should be turning the heel (EEK!) by this weekend.

Mandi: Knitting suprises me because typically fiber sees me coming and runs away in a panic. As for beads, I'm with you, little is the way to go! LOL!

11/16/2006 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home