Monday, November 27, 2006

Under The Sea (aka Gift from the Sea)

I made this a couple of years ago and typically wear it only when I'm dressing up. It's so fun and fuzzy!



Well I just recently had a V8 moment and I realized how very silly of me to not wear my more bolder pieces, for me anyway, out and about just because I wanted to rather than wait for an occasion. So this morning I put on a gold colored turtleneck, my black slacks and this necklace and went to work. With the reactions I've been getting all day I think I need to make a few more of these to put in my Etsy shop (still working on stuff to put in there before opening).

Need to pull out some other stuff that I've been hiding it appears.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are exactly right. Jewelry is meant to be worn, seen, and enjoyed.

BTW, this necklace is stunning! I'm not surprised that it got comments all day long.... :)

11/27/2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous necklace! You should definitely wear all of your pieces. I have a hard time doing that too. I used to wear my jewelry more when I worked. It hardly seems worth it at home.

11/27/2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Good for you recognizing that each day is a special occasion and worthy of our special pieces!(We are not promised tomorrow..so live today to the fullest!!)

This necklace is amazing and I can only imagine how beautiful you looked in it! :-) I'm sure you brightened up your whole workplace. So get out all your pieces and light up the world!!!!!

11/28/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. It really did cheer me up and make me feel "pretty" while wearing it. Now of course I need to make MORE! LOL!

Actually what reminded me that every day is a special occasion is a book I recently read called "When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair". So now I'm looking for a nice jewelry box to put my stuff in so it's within easy reach and can be worn.

11/29/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home