Friday, November 17, 2006

What To Play With Next?

I was moving some of the bead boxes around and just happened to open a few to see what I might experiment with next. No I'm not starting a new project, just playing with ideas. HONEST!


Goddesses? I see something wild and Earthy for the first two; maybe a swirling ocean for the mermaid.


A funky shape? A romantic heart done with fringe from the bottom? That next one reminds me of a flower bud of some sort. Maybe flip the brown with green swirly one on its side. Turn the blue and yellow with clear dots upright perhaps? The snake one looks tribal to me. Would be good with natural materials incorporated into it. The donut sun bead (that what it looks like to me) called to me from the artist's basket of beads. What I'll do with it I honestly don't know... yet.


Sharkey? Isn't he the cutest! I've been just hanging him from a thick neck wire but he really needs a happier home. Nothing that will overshadow though.


Frogs? Lizards? At first I thought these two needed something similar to Sharkey; nothing overpowering. Now though it might be fun to do something that is more sneaky. Let them be subtly shown, a surprise.


Hmm.... Bead embroidery for the leaf? Something simple that picks up the purples and blues for the bead?

What do you see?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How big is that shark??? He would be very interesting in a bead-embroidered scene from JAWS. LOL

11/18/2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'd just set them out and admire them. It's what I do with my art beads. You've got a great collection!

11/21/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Diana: The shark is just under 3" long. As for a beaded "Jaws" scene... WHY NOT!?!

Jennifer: Once I straighten out my desk... again! I will do that. I have a little ledge that I could lay them out on so that they're in view and not hiding. As for the collection, I'm embarassed to say that those aren't even all of them in the pictures.

11/23/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OOOhhhh, Sharkie!!! Play with sharkie! Oh, or the frogs, LOVES the red one!!! LOL! I can't wait to see what you make with these!

11/24/2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home