Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More Postal Happiness and the Pink Terror is Done!

Lately I'm suffering with substitute mail carriers (or maybe these are carriers in training). Rather than the mail being there when I come home, I'm already in lounge wear before I hear the jingle of keys in the mail box downstairs. *sigh* But at least the goodies arrive!

Arriving in several different packages was my Knit Kit Swap package from Shannon. Two gorgeous skeins of Cascade 220 yarn, the pattern for the Sophie bag (I printed it out to show here), all the accessories needed to make the bag (I forgot to put the picture of the stitch markers in here) and the Holiday Issue of Interweave Knits that has a gorgeous scarf pattern I can make with the yarn too! The wait was truly worth it! =)


Then there was the big box from Desiree from the Vegan Swap. She truly outdid herself. Two pretty balls of variegated blue yarn, the excellent book "One-Skein Wonders", CANDY (I ate some before this shot so the Smarties are missing), Burt's Bees Hand Salve and Burt's Bees Lip Balm, little O rings that make the perfect stitch markers, chocolates, several labels I can put on my knitted items, a cute handmade container that looks like a cupcake, a necklace that used the Control key as the pendant (LOVE IT!), a pamphlet on veganism, a bag of TINGS which got wiped out last night, and a beautiful hand knitted and beaded scarf! I told you she outdid herself. WOW!

My December package from my SP9 pal arrived and I had to wait patiently until I could get to the rental office to retrieve it. You can't see it well here but the two balls of yarn are a ribbon type in brown with silver in it. I have a pattern somewhere in the stash that I think this will work with for a lovely special event halter-type top. Also in side was a pair of silver dangle earrings that would look great when I dress up for Flamenco dancing, a lovely smelling bath tea in lavender, and the latest issue of Knit.1 that has some great projects in it. Thank you so much!

And I also have an FO to report. Really! The pink hooded baby blanket of doom is finished!

It's not the best photo of it but this was the only way to get the whole thing showing and it look like anything remotely baby-ish. I never ever wanna see that shade of pink again for many moons! The upside, at least it's super soft.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun!!! :)

12/13/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Look at all the goodies! Yay for good mail days!

12/13/2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

You are the swap queen!!! Lucky you getting such fun packages!! And I think the baby hooded blanket is adorable.

12/15/2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm having so much fun being in them, I think it's time for me to host a few next year to contribute to the craziness. I use to run lots of projects in my mail art days and had a blast. I think I can come up with something good for knitting and beadwork. =)

Stay tuned!!!

12/16/2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

Sorry, but just had to tag you :-) Check my blog!! Happy knitting! (and Merry Christmas)

12/22/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

Your SP9 hostess here...just checking to make sure you're planning on posting the minimum number of posts per month.

Happy almost new year! :)

12/30/2006 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home