Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Line Between Genius and Insanity Is Very Thin

I was tagged by Mamarox to share 6 weird things about myself. Where to start?

1. I am always reading. Regardless of where I am and what I'm doing, I'm reading something. I take a stack of books/magazines with me on any length of car trip. I've even attempted to scan magazines while driving. *lowers head in shame* I read billboards, the postscripts in magazines, even the stuff written on toothpaste tubes. You name it, I'm reading it.

2. To go along with the above, my husband had to point out that when I'm reading and drinking something at the same time, I do it from the side of my mouth. Even if I'm using a straw, it's stuck out of the side of my mouth so I can apparently see what I'm reading. Never even noticed that before. Thanks hun! =p

3. I rarely if ever eat the edge crust on bread, pizza, Pop Tarts, pie, etc... I'll pull it off or stop before I get to that part. If there's bread sticking past a hot dog or the meat of a hamburger, it goes too. Why? Because when I was a kid I was watching the show "Zoom" and one of the kids said something about eating crust made your hair curly. I wanted straight hair so I vowed never to eat crusts again! Of course I know better but I can't seem to break myself of the habit.

4. Whenever I make chocolate milk or hot chocolate I sing this song about it that I made up some years ago. It's sung with a 6 year old's voice according to the hubby. I've got a cute little dance to go with it too! "Chocit milk! Chocit milk! Love meeeee some chocit milk! Chocit miiiiiiilllllk!" Just let it go folks... just let it go...

5. I do not, do not, do not, like cream filling in Twinkies or those Hostess cupcakes. If I'm given one, you will find a pile of the creamy stuff sitting on the cardboard the cake came on or in a napkin. I'm not a fan of icing on cakes either and happily give up the end pieces of cake to someone who does.

6. To this day, I have an issue with my food touching. Blame this one on my great grandmother who, when we'd sit in her TV room, would eat using these funky blue/green TV dinner trays with the little dividers. At my grandmother's house, I'd eat off of several saucers to keep everything apart. Now? No I wont pass out if the corn ends up in my mashed potatoes but you will notice that my dinner plate in the beginning looks like a painters palette with everything spaced just so. My husband did buy me these pretty ceramic TV dinner trays from Crate and Barrel that I pull out every once in awhile when I'm feeling homey.

Yes, I am apparently and certifiable odd!

If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I don't like icing either! It ruins the goodness of the cake.

12/10/2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Ok you guys...give me all your icing and your cream filling!! (I have been known to stick my finger in a twinkie and eat ONLY the cream!!!)
I would not call you odd, TeAntae... 'Unique' is a much better word!!!

12/11/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Janice, don't be suprised if Jennifer and I send you a huge container of icing/frosting. It's all yours! =)

12/13/2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi -- Did you get your package? Your SP

12/13/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Timing is everything. See today's post.

12/13/2006 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home