Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Plans For 2007

So what have I been up to? What to I want to be up to? Good question.

In 2006 I accomplished an assortment of personal goals such as getting myself out of debt. *does the Snoopy happy dance* I still have bills like rent, insurance, and the Disney Vacation club membership mom and I bought into but those are life necessities. Yes, Disney is a life necessity. Besides, we could always sell our membership if it ever came down to it... Not likely!

Creatively, I ended 2006 with the successful completion of my first sock. Sadly I'm still working on the second sock due to numerous factors but I'm back on track and plan to start cranking socks out now! *grin*

I also sent the woven and beaded scarf that mom and I worked on a couple of years ago to "Belle Armoire" magazine for hopeful publication. It was interesting to look at the scarf as I prepared to FINALLY mail it off and realize how much farther we've both come in our abilities. Still, it was a fun shared project and I've already pulled out one of the 3 woven purses mom made that I will add beaded embellishments to.

The "pink hooded baby blanket of doom" was finished on time though I can't say it was well received. Possibly my imagination but I got the impression the recipient was expecting something more "grand". C'est la vie. I can't please everyone. I can only please me.

I created two beaded ribbon necklaces as gifts that came out nicely and I can definitely see ways to run with them to make them even more my style.

On to 2007.

Personal goals are typical: get into shape, get into a career (notice I said career not job) I really want, travel more, etc...

Creatively, I plan to will become far more serious about what I make; putting more effort into producing something I'm truly proud off, even if it means pulling out stitches, starting over, or scraping the idea and trying something else.

I will use my creativity as a means to squash depression rather than let depression keep me from being creative. There will be "craft breaks" twice daily at work. I don't smoke or drink coffee but I can take a few minutes to take time out for me. There will be daily creative work at home as a means to leave the office day behind.

I will take on creative challenges. Try projects using new techniques or combinations of techniques. Run swaps, trades, bead-a-long, knit-a-longs, etc... Share more in the various creative communities I belong to rather than lurk because I don't think I'll be accepted.

So with that, I'm off to get things done. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations on achieving many goals! You've made great ones for the new year as well. I'll cheer you on!

1/10/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! You're definitely inspirational yourself.

1/10/2007 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home