Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kung Hei Fat Choy (January Indie Swap Goodness)

When I originally signed up for Scout's Indie Swag Club, I did it half because I just wanted to get my hands on that gorgeous yarn and half because I wanted to force myself to learn to make socks (at least one pair). Then I joined and thought I'd lost my mind. What in the world would I do with all this yarn, especially if I didn't like making socks. My mom had the "brilliant" idea of giving the yarn to her. To my delight, I like making socks though my first pair is taking longer than planned for numerous reasons and I love the yarn!

In today's mail... THE JANUARY SWAG!!!

I received a vivid skein of 100% Merino called "Kung Hei Fat Choy" in this luscious shade of reds pinks, a little white and a splash of orange. Along with that yarn was a HOT sock blocker with the cut out of a ball of yarn and knitting needles through it (No Mom, you can't have it!) from Chappy's Fiber Arts & Crafts. YAY!!!

Here's a close up of the yarn.

Socks? Of course! The pattern I'm not yet sure about. I'll have to peek through my patterns and see which will do this yarn justice. *with a big grin hugs yarn and blocker tight*

6 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed it so much!

1/25/2007 7:25 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

There's a story to that yarn... :-)

1/25/2007 9:15 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Wow! That yarn looks perfect for a pair of Valentine's socks. I LOVE the colors!! I am also trying to master the art of sock knitting...
Can't wait to see that Kung Hei Fat Choy made into wonderful socks!!

1/26/2007 12:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That yarn has gorgeous colors! I agree, Valentine socks would be awesome, but that deadline might be too soon. How long does it take to knit socks anyways?

1/26/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scout: I do! I do!

Jennifer: And it's a wonderful story to. It makes the yarn even more special. =)

Janice: It will be awhile. I'm not the fastest sock knitter just yet. As to mastering the art, we'll get it! Blood, sweat and tears, but we'll get it.

Mandi: If I didn't have to work, I'd probably be able to pull a pair of socks off by Valentine's Day. Some people can make a pair in a weekend. Others, a week. They're quick to make if the pattern isn't too intense, it's just finding time.

1/26/2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

I love those colourful yarns=:)

1/26/2007 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home