Monday, January 29, 2007

Well Look What We Have Here!

This stash busting stuff has now spilled over into my beadwork. Bryan and I went on our regular pilgrimage to IKEA and on this trip picked up some new shelving for the studio (pictures when it's closer to organized... which could be awhile). While sorting the bead piles I realized I had 5 unused bead kits I'd purchased over the years.

One, the Coming to the End netted cuff, I bought while taking a 3 day Cynthia Rutledge class for the Granuaile's Crown necklace a few years ago along with another kit I really need to finish. The other four were bought at a weaving guild table sale that I bought for the beads more than actually doing the kits. There's a bolo version of Linda Richmond's lariat necklace, and 3 kits from the Beadwrangler (2 different colors of the Rayna's Vine Wave kit, and a Sedona Ridge bead crochet rope kit.)

Now of course I need to decide if I'll go ahead and make the kits or scavenge any of them for parts. This stash busting is getting to be loads of fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

5 kits! Oooo...

1/29/2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

I'm sure whatever you make with the kits (whether the kit itself or scavenged originals) will be amazing!! Great job stash busting!! You're an inspiration....

1/31/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

Well, if you ever need to part with any... I know who could use them.... *hint hint* =:)

1/31/2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jennifer: Yeah 5; can you believe that? And what's worse? I found 1 more!

Janice: Thanks. =) Now to put these goodies to good use.

Diana: LOL! I'll keep that in mind. *hugs*

2/02/2007 5:48 PM  
Blogger Margot Potter said...

Ikea Sten shelves turned upside down and angled live in my studio and hold my beads. That's how we displayed them at our shop. It's sheer perfection and the little open plastic multi-compartment tackle boxes fit perfectly.

Yay for Ikea!

2/06/2007 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home