Saturday, February 03, 2007

Project Spectrum 2.0 Has Begun

Project Spectrum: February/March


Blue

White (pretend this is white)

Gray

I joined Project Spectrum in order to find new ways to inspire my creativity, especially in my beadwork. So I've pulled out a few bead boxes with white and blue pretties in them to see what might be calling to me.


My eyes fell on a strand of kyanite spikes that I bought in a fit of madness at a bead show. You don't want to know how much they were... trust me! They have been sitting there, glanced at but not used because I've been too afraid to mess them up. What if I don't make anything to do them justice? What if no one likes what I come up with? What if? What if? What if?

Well this is the time to to throw caution to the wind and go for it! I even have an idea of what I want to do with them; now to pull my thoughts together. Results in the coming weeks.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous beads! I love the Kyanite. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

2/03/2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Very pretty necklace! Look at all those beads! Lots of wonderful things that you can make from that. Can't wait to see what you make.

2/04/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too am guilty of hanging on to special beads, for fear of not 'framing' them properly. I suspect all artists do it, whatever their chosen medium.

However, with beads, I find that if you don't like it, then your project should be quickly followed by the frog stitch. It's a hassle, since we put so many hours into our projects, but that's the beauty of beads: They're RE-usable! ;)

Somehow, I believe that whatever you come up with, it'll be absolutely gorgeous!

2/05/2007 5:56 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

They are gorgeous!! I can't wait to see what you do with them. I'm sure it will be amazing!!

2/05/2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Margot Potter said...

I love kyanite! Have fun...you're a creative dervish!

2/06/2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! Currently the beads are hanging in front of me, waiting to be played with. I need to make a run to the bead store to pick up a few things then off I go!

2/07/2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home