Friday, February 02, 2007

YFC #2 Secret Pal Questionnaire


To my partner in the Yarn Focus Challenge swap, here are my answers to the questionnaire:

1. What type of yarn do you knit with most often?
Wool

2. Is there any type of yarn that you would love to try but haven't yet, such as bamboo, banana fiber (seriously they make it - although I've yet to see it in person).
Bamboo, koigu, soy silk...

3. In your opinion what is a luxury yarn?
Something unique; something not found everywhere you turn. Doesn't necessarily have to be expensive, just something special. Hand dyed sock yarn in my opinion is a luxury yarn. A wool/alpaca blend can be a luxury yarn if done in an unusual way (maybe a soft wool yarn with tufts of alpaca sticking out here and there).

4. Is there any type of yarn or fiber content you dislike or would prefer not to receive?
Scratchy acrylics.

5. What type of garments do you most often knit?
Though socks look to be my new most knit, scarves and shawls are what I've knit the most of.

6. What types of knitting books do you enjoy?
Those that are on unusual topics. I'm currently eyeing "Romantic Style" and "Naughty Needles" (talk about contrasts) to give you an idea of what I mean.

7. What is a color you like but rarely or never buy yourself?
Green. I just tend to forget it exists though in the right shades, I think it's a lovely color.

8. If you were pregnant and had to name your baby a fiber, what would her/his name be?
First of all, me? Pregnant? Uhm... no. But if I were to, I think "Cashmere" would be a lovely name.

9. Do you spin?
Not in some while. I gave my spinning wheel to my mom to use but I've recently picked up a drop spindle and am SLOWLY teaching myself how to use it.

10. What is one fiber you've never spun?
Silk

11. If someone in your family or a best friend had to describe you in one word, what would it be?
Eclectic

12. Please tell us one odd thing about you.
Only one? Hmm... I have no intention of ever growing up. I like to look at the clouds and figure out what I see in the shapes up there. I get excited when Mickey Mouse waves at me as he goes by on a float. I still make snow angels. I still read cartoons in the newspaper. I enjoy going to the movies to see animated films like Lilo & Stitch and The Incredibles. "No capes!"

13. What was your favorite cartoon when you were little.
UNDERDOG!!!

12. Do you have animals? If so, please name them and tell us a little about them.
Not at the moment though I want to have cats one day.

13. And last but not least, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
San Francisco

Have fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Now, see, if you lived in San Francisco, we could hang out!

2/02/2007 11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know! I saw that you lived in San Fran reading your blog and immediately thought, "NO FAIR!". *giggle*

2/02/2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home