Friday, February 23, 2007

Knitting Like A Crazy Woman

Knit! Knit! Knit!

I'm knitting on the sofa, in the bed, at my desk... You name it, I'm probably knitting there.

The tote bag for the ITE3 swap is almost done. No, it's not a weird green sweater! Let me try to explain what you're seeing (note that everything is laid out funny just so I could get all the colors to show):
  • The large green area is the body of the bag.
  • The two skinny flaps on each side are the small exterior pockets.
  • The dark green panel in the back and the lighter one in progress are the large exterior pockets.
Once the last pocket is finished (only 20 more rows to go), I do an I-cord for the lip/trim of the bag and another for the handle. Then it's off to be felted and filled with goodies! I would have been done last night but I left the bag with everything in it under my desk at work yesterday. Yikes! I have it now so back to work.

M swap partner (she commented over on the host blog) likes it which tickles me silly. When I make this for me, I'm going to vary the colors more. It's a bit too monotone for my tastes.

This is were I am on the purse for the PE2 project:


The colors are working out even better than I'd thought. I hope my partner likes the combination I chose. The only color I'm concerned with is the chocolate brown (which is the main color of the purse). I think it ties the other 3 colors together nicely. Don't you? My partner sent me a list of colors she liked which covers those 3. She said she didn't like neutral colors but I think this shade of brown isn't a neutral; and any other color should made it too LOUD in my opinion.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

I think you need a 'Rudy's Dream' tote bag to keep all that knitting stuff in. *hint*hint* =:)

2/24/2007 5:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Looking good!

2/24/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

You're making my bag -- how cool is that?! I like your colours, very fun. Can't wait to see it finished.

2/24/2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Diana: I think you're right!

Jennifer: Thanks!

Jayne: The minute I saw the pattern I knew I had to make it. This first one is for my PS2 partner. The next one is MINE!

2/25/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home