Friday, April 06, 2007

Me Thinks I Have A Little Problem

OK, so as part of my yarn diet ala the YFC '07, I thought I'd start to organize my little stash so that:
  1. I'd know what I had.
  2. By winding everything into balls, I could just grab and go as I needed for any project.
Well I started to wind, and wind, and wind and then I wondered what exactly I had in all those bins, bags, and totes. I began dumping them on the floor just now to see. Now I know I don't have as much yarn in my stash as most of you do (my bead stash is where I'm truly in trouble - picture next time) but I honestly didn't think that I had this much yarn!

Oh. There's a small piece of a clear bin at the top right that is full of spinning fiber for my little drop spindle. That technically doesn't count... does it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice stash!

Spinning fiber isn't yarn stash, but it does count as another stash. I bet you have a bead stash too. :-)

4/06/2007 9:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh great! More stashes!

As for the bead stash, that picture is coming up next.

4/09/2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Hmmm... there may be medicine for this :-)

4/10/2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bouah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

*wipes tear from corner of eye* Stop making me laugh girl! 'Tis nothing; personally, I think you are well within the 'normal' means. Now, if my friend ever lets me photograph her 'Yarn Room', I'll post a pic for you all to see... She's been collecting for about 40 years. Full stashes from yarn stores having closing sales, ribbon, lace, fabric, beads, you name it, she's got it.

Now, show me a piccie of your baby stash in 40 years... ;)

4/13/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

At the rate my stashes are multiplying in kinds, I'm going to need a room for each one!

4/18/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

There are some very yummy fibers in that pile. Some look handpainted and too pretty for words! Girl you have got to knit that purple/pink/black ?? in the bottom center to the right of the green ball. That just screams "knit me into something beautiful!"

4/18/2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The one you're talking about is called "Punk Pink" and I hope to try to make two pairs of shorty socks out of it. One for me and one for a friend's daughter who is my little buddy. =) I think I finally found a pattern that will work.

4/21/2007 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home