Good Things Come To Those Who Wait
My delightful ITE3 swap partner Britta has been keeping me guessing and in stitches about what she wanted to make for me for the tote swap. We knew it was going to take a little bit of time to get here from overseas (she's in Denmark) so there were no panics. Yesterday was the official last day bags were suppose to have arrived to their partners but I figured mine would get here after. What a surprise it was to stumble in late last night (too much yakking into the wee hours of the night with friends) to see a pretty box sitting in front of my door. You know I was exhausted because I recognized who it was from but was too pooped to open it!
Well this morning I bounced out of bed and ripped that box open to find this wonderful color coordinated haul:
- A gorgeous tote bag with the cutest button closure. She knew I liked color but didn't like odd color combinations and wanted to know if this was ok. YES!!! You can't see it in this picture but there is just a hint of sparkle where the pink stripes are.
- A skein of the same hand dyed wool yarn made by a friend of hers (Kathe Lewis) that was used in the top and bottom of my tote. 630 yards of the stuff!
- A 460 yard skein of soft hand dyed pink sock yarn (wool and nylon) that I wonder if will be just enough for the "Retro Rib Socks" from the Favorite Socks book. Hmm...
- A cute little notebook that will fit perfectly inside the tote for jotting down inspirations in.
- 3 cute little stitch markers.
- A package of coffee that I suspect my husband or mom will fight over.
- A BOX OF CHOCOLATE FROGS! These will never last until the next Harry Potter movie. *munch munch munch*
Up close of the bag.
Better shot of the fiber goodies.
Thank you Britta! You have just been a load of fun for this exchange. =) *BIG HUGS*