Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Knitflix Summer Blockbuster Swap Questionnaire

To my patient partner La Verna, here is my questionnaire finally filled out:

1. Since this is a summer blockbuster swap, would you rather receive a summer action/adventure movie, a light romantic comedy, or a suspense/thriller?
- Hmm… of those three I’m leaning towards the action/adventure movie but that’s because I’m waiting patiently for Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End to come out! Most light romantic comedies these days are the same tired old formulas so I tend to avoid them. Suspense/thrillers can be enjoyable but I’m not into the espionage/government spy kind. Unless it’s James Bond of course, then all bets are off!

2. What is your favorite film genre or type?
- I’m all over the place but generally fantasy, intellectual/clever comedies, and period pieces are what I enjoy most.

3. List 3-5 of your favorite films and why you like them.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: I remember clearly the first time I saw this on TV as a child. The whole family made a big production of getting ready to watch it (popcorn, candy, etc…) and we ooh’d and aah’d through every scene. Totally entrancing I had to watch it every time it came on after that and this brother surprised me with my own copy on DVD. I have the Johnny Depp version as well which I enjoy for different reasons.

- My Fair Lady: The movie that made me want to be Audrey Hepburn growing up. Her transformation from flower girl on the street to lady at the ball, while still being herself is something that caught my attention. It’s something that Audrey Hepburn embodied in many of her movies as well as in real life.

- Alice in Wonderland: First of all it's Disney! Beyond that, it’s one of my favorite children stories that makes me smile every time I watch it. I've collected many things from this movie including the autograph of the lady who did the voice for Alice (she did Wendy Darling too!)

- A Christmas Story: Ok, I know that “It's a Wonderful Life” and “A Christmas Carol” are suppose to be the Christmas classics but you have to have this one too! It’s funny, it’s sweet, and it reminds so many people of their own lives. I was that kid with too many layers on in the Winter!

- French Kiss: An emotional movie for me. Though a comedy that makes me laugh out loud, my mood deeply influences how this movie affects me. Good mood and I’m quoting all the lines and laughing myself silly “People make my ass twitch.” Sad mood and I’m balling for no reason. Bad mood and I’m thinking cynically how that just doesn't happen to real people. Kevin Kline and Meg Ryan have such chemistry in that movie!

4. Do you like foreign films? Would it annoy you to watch a film with subtitles if you are knitting/crafting?
- I do enjoy foreign films (especially the period martial arts ones) but don’t do any sort of crafting that requires heavy concentration while watching them. Stockinette stitch or stringing beads for a project is about as much as I want to handle while reading the screen. I want to rent 'Amelie' but never seem to have a good time to do it for that reason.

5. Is there a movie that you've always wanted to see but haven’t?
- I’m working my way through the classics at the moment. Still to go are such movies as: African Queen, Funny Face, Roman Holiday, The Sound of Music, Vertigo, and Rear Window.

6. Do you have any favorite actors?
- I live in two worlds when it comes to movies:
Old movies: Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball, Rex Harrison, Errol Flynn
New movies: Emma Thompson, Minnie Driver, Johnny Depp, Will Smith

7. What kind of movie night treats do you like? Type of Candy? Popcorn?
- Popcorn, cheese doodles, pretzels, and potato chips. For sweets I like Raisinettes.

8. Are you a sock knitter, lace knitter, or hat/mitten/scarf knitter?
- All of the above.

9. What are your favorite fibers?
- Haven’t met one I haven’t liked yet except for those listed below. There are plenty of fibers I’d love to try that I haven’t played with yet such as soy silk, corn, ceramic, cotton, bamboo.

10. What fibers do you dislike or are allergic?
- 100% acrylic and any other fibers that just feels horrid to touch. No allergies to fiber that I know of.

11. What are your favorite colors?
- Any color that reminds me of the beach, sea, ocean, and the islands. Colors that say “Travel” like magentas, mustards, Spanish tile orange, and indigos. Warm, relaxing colors like lime greens, orange sherbet, washed pinks. But I’m willing to try all sorts of colors.

12. What colors do you not like?
- Bad combinations and extremely bright colors (e.g. 80’s neon). I have however been surprised by colors I would never thought to put together working because of the tones used.

13. Is there anything else that your partner should know that will help her spoil you?
- Let’s see. Keeping on movies for a moment longer, there are movies I love to pull out or rent because they are guilty pleasures such as Joe vs. the Volcano, The Pirate Movie, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Popeye (with Robin Williams).

I don’t drink coffee. I’m a hot chocolate and tea drinker.

I don’t have pets at the moment but I hope to have cats once we get a house.

I’m a HUGE Disney fan. I was married at Walt Disney World, member of the Disney Vacation Club, pin collector, etc…

Beyond knitting, I’m an avid beadworker; predominately beadweaving techniques. I've just started playing with altered art such as altered books, artist trading cards, and such.

I love to read, travel, and if it’s not listed here, but you’re curious, just ask. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger LaVerna said...

Thanks Te!
You and I have sooo much in common!
I had my honeymoon at Disney World.
I ADORE the movie French Kiss.
I bought my tickets to Pirates 3 a week ago.I am so ready for that one.

5/23/2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet! This is going to be great! And my brother just told me that our local retro Drive-in theater will be playing PIRATES 3!!! Oh, I am so going to at least see it one time there! =)

5/23/2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger magKNITficent said...

you've been tagged, please go to my blog for further instructions

magknitficent.blogspot.com

5/24/2007 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home