Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pink and Yellow and Green Make...

Pretty pictures, that's what!!!

I've never been into scrapbooking. Most of what I'd seen was, well, too cute for my tastes. Then all the art scrapbooking projects started showing up and I thought "Hey, this could be kinda cool after all." But where to start? The ideas flitted in and out but with all the other things I was into, did I really want to add one more hobby?

Enter the evil that is Recollections. A store that's almost around the corner. A store with loads of ideas to get a girl like me excited. And then they had the nerve to not only show samples of some really neat ideas, they had to offer classes in them! The nerve I tell you. So what could I do? I took a class...

AND LOOK WHAT I MADE!











Using pictures from the cruise mom and I took back in 2005, I had a blast creating this "exploding box". Though it's a bit Easter-y and cute, the technique lends itself to all sorts of possibilities. Bigger boxes. Taller boxes. Boxes with more levels. *rubs hands together in anticipation*.

And now my mother tells me there is another store called The Queen's Ink that I must visit. Privately run, exactly our style of art so it's even better than Recollections, and (can you believe it) also not far from me. Project Spectrum strikes again because I think I'm going to need a bigger studio!

9 Comments:

Blogger vegasangelbrat said...

Oh how neat!! (and you had time for that) LOL Great job Teantae!!
That reminds me, I need to get back into my scrapbooks and finish some of them up.

4/18/2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is awesome!

4/18/2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger Bev Love said...

Your exploding box is wonderful. What a great job you did.

4/18/2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Oh yes, I think you needed another hobby!! And this one looks very fun! You did a great job on the box!! I've never seen anything like it.. what fun!
Happy Happy belated 7th birthday... Sounds like it was fun!

4/18/2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger Lacey said...

That box is totally cool! I've never even seen the likes! I think that would be a cool gift to give a kids, maybe a niece or nephew. :D

4/18/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger Margot Potter said...

Ms. T

You are a creative dervish!

HEY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so sorry this is late...geesh. How lame am I?!

I envy the trip to Hilton Head, can I sneak into your luggage?

I am so sorry I missed your call, I hope you got my email. I'll be home all day on Monday so please try again. You can also send me your number if you like.

xox,
Ms. M

4/19/2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. Suprisingly this isn't very complicated to make, though my cutting straight lines skills are a bit rusty apparently. Even with a paper cutter! I wish you all lived nearby so we could have really fun craft days together. =)

And to the Divine Ms. M, no worries all around. Monday it is. I'll let you know how Hilton Head. It's my first trip there and I'm very curious about the place.

4/21/2007 7:40 AM  
Blogger Cece said...

That is SO fun!

I got your package this weekend - I love the yarn! I already have plans for all of it. I may even get myself some more of the bamboo for a certian scarf I think will look fun in that yarn...

5/07/2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Beverly Herman said...

Happy Birthday Teantae. What a clever way to scrapbook. I have not seen anything like that before.
My favorite part about coming over here to visit your blog is the stories about you and Mom.

5/09/2007 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home