Saturday, April 14, 2007

Did I Happen To Mention That My Mom ROCKS!!!

This is just a quick post to show off some goodies my mom made me. The first being MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT (I'm a tax baby) she spun for me! She came over yesterday to have a birthday lunch with me and suprised me with this:


422 yards of the prettiest handspun yarn you ever did see! And here I was drooling over this yarn on her blog, never knowing it was MINE! ALL MINE! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Now of course I'm agonizing over what to use it for. It's 422 yards of sportweight yarn. 100% (not superwash) wool. Socks? A shawl? Something felted? Hmmm....

Also, Janice had posted on her blog about the denim blanket her daughter Kristin made. It's so beautiful. I had promised to show her the one my mom made for me after my wedding, soon to be 5 years ago.


It's big and I was trying to take the picture by myself but I think you get the idea. It's made of old jeans, some pretty fabric she had in her stash and the leftover fabric from the wedding clothes she made everyone.

Quick explanation: I was married at Disney in a small ceremony on Sunset Pointe, behind the Polynesian Resort, overlook the Magic Kingdom. We had the whole wedding themed to fit the location. Since the wedding party was so small, just 8 people including Bryan and I, mom made all the clothes for the women and men in the party while Bryan and I went sort of traditional. I'll post pictures, promise!

This is one of the pockets used in the blanket with one of her cute little labels.

6 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

First off, your mom IS amazing!!!! That yarn looks incredible!! And I am so glad you posted the picture of the quilt! What a great keepsake and reminder of your wedding. Kirstin is already planning on making one for Ryan and Mallory for their wedding!

Happy Happy birthday Tax Baby!!!

4/14/2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

TeAntae I am embarrassed that you showed the blanket and yarn. Oh, just a little embarrassed. Really glad that you liked it. Your next yarn from me will be hand dyed. That is what I am working on now.

Love Mom

4/15/2007 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday to you! Your mom's handspun is SOOO gorgeous!! I love the colors! They look so cool together. *sigh* I have a long way to go yet in learning.

4/16/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. Now you know where I get it from. And she got it from her parents and her mom's grandmother. It's in the blood!

4/18/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Oh that is the sweetest wedding gift! And that yarn...mmmm, mouth watering! Go mom! You ladies just have talent oozing through your veins. :D It's what keeps you runnin' I bet.

4/18/2007 6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's exactly how I survive each day. I've adopted having craft breaks at work since I don't smoke or drink coffee. Especially now that it's finally getting warmer, I can go outside and just bead or knit or whatever for a few minutes before heading back in to work, work, work!

4/21/2007 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home