Wednesday, April 11, 2007

At The Movies

'cause I'm a lemming and Jennifer did it.

1) Name a movie you've seen more than 10 times. WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY!

2) Name a movie you've seen multiple times in the theater. I don't remember how many times but I know I saw "Fright Night" numerous times as a teenager. I thought Christopher Sarandon was cute.

3) Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. There are a few but off the top of my head, Johnny Depp.

4) Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Adam Sandler will make me running screaming.

5) Name a movie you can and do quote from. The Fifth Element. Mostly the quick lines that Leeloo (Milla Jovovich) did. "Badaboom. Big badaboom." "Cheekan!" Don't ask; it will only hurt your head.

6) Name a movie musical to which you know all the lyrics. My Fair Lady. One of my most favorite Audrey Hepburn movies.

7) Name a movie you've been known to sing along with. Mary Poppins. I'm a big Disney nut. My brother and I learned the entire soundtrack as kids. We'd sing "The Perfect Nanny" song all day long.

8) Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. French Kiss. It's not Academy Award wining but it's a fun, check brains at door and just enjoy it kinda movie.

9) Name a movie you own. I own a bunch, mostly Disney so I'm going to randomly pick Lady and the Tramp. =)

10) Name an actor who launched his/her career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Will Smith. Who knew the skinny little rapper could act his butt off!

11) Have you ever seen a movie at a drive-in? If so what? Yes. Lots of movies, mostly Disney. I can't remember the last movie I saw at the drive-in but it was a double feature. I hope to go to Bengie's Drive-In in Baltimore once the nights are a little warmer. It's a hold out theatre that has found a way to capitalize on the kitsch.

12) Ever made out at a movie? Smooched, yes. Made out? NO!

13) Name a movie you've been meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to yet. Casablanca. It's on my Netflix list!

14) Ever walked out of a movie? Yes, on 3 occasions that I remember. Had to leave to pick up friends from airport (movie ran longer than I expected), got too scared, and got grossed out and waited in the lobby playing video games.

15) Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. I've never all out cried (I had something in my eye) in a theater but I've definitely choked up. Forrest Gump was one of those.

16) Popcorn? Of course!

17) How often do you go to the movie theater? Once a month maybe. Depends on what's playing.

18) What's the last movie you saw in the theater? 300

19) What's your favorite/preferred genre? I like them all except for romance and corny comedies.

20) What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? It was a Disney animated film and it was at the drive-in. Cinderella I think.

21) What movie do you wish you had never seen? Though most movies have some redeeming value, I wish I'd never wasted money on "Bowfinger". I should have known better since I typically don't like Steve Martin's work.

22) What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? Nothing. Seriously, that's the name of the movie, "Nothing".

23) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? One that I watched through slightly spread fingers, Alien. I have yet to see the scene where the face hugger grabs the guy in the very beginning of the movie. Never! And I've seen the movie multiple times.

24) What's the funniest movie you've ever seen? That I laughed so hard I cried and still do when I see it now, The Incredibles. Bob Parr being an insurance agent (MOM!), there's a scene were Mr. Incredible bonks a bad guy with a rock from long distance (something about the way his head rings like a bell), and of course Edna 'E' Mode! I laugh myself silly every time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love Alien! Great movie and very scary even by today's standards.

And I totally forgot about Will Smith. Good call.

4/11/2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Alien freaked me out. A good story and creepy! Most scary movies today go for just plain gore.

My husband also picked Robin Williams and Whoppi Goldberg for the "who would have thought they could act" category.

4/18/2007 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home