Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mom's In Europe!


Mom and I had always dreamed of one day taking a Rick Steves Europe through the Backdoor vacation. Well, at least one of us finally did it. =)
Mom left last Friday, May 11th, for the Netherlands to begin her 21 day tour (that officially started Mother's Day) of Europe.

She's been able to send me emails and a couple of video postcards so far to let me know what she's been up to. I got the "brilliant" idea last night to start posting some of those things to her blog, partially to keep her friends up to date and as a surprise keepsake for her for when she gets home in June. She'll probably kill me for doing it but hey, she should never have given me the password to her account. >=)

Anyway... the first post is up and I'll post more tonight. If you want to follow along too, just head on over to her blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

To say that I am insanely jealous of your mom right now would be a huge understatement!!! What an incredible trip she is going to have!! Just wish you could have gone with her!! (or me, for that matter :-)!!)
We went to Europe for 10 days last year, and although we didn't do a Rick Steve's tour, we did get his guidebooks; luggage; etc.. etc.. which were all wonderful. I am sure one of his tours is amazing!!! I'll be keeping up with her mom via your posts on her blog.. what a fun idea!!

5/16/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lady, had I just had a sip of my coffee, my poor monitor would be wearing it right now! LOL!
That little piccy of your mom is just too cute!!!! Hee! Hee!

How lucky is she! I can only hope that someday I will also get to visit Europe. So many of my ancestors came from overseas, and I'd love to go where they came from.

5/16/2007 2:47 PM  
Blogger Ms.Stephanie said...

Am reading about your mom, and I can't stop smiling. I think it's every moms dream to one day (after the kids move out)is to travel. Um, maybe I'll do the same.

Stephanie

5/16/2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger The Lone BeaderĀ® said...

Wow!!! That's great! I'm jealous... I really want to go back to Eu. And, as I said before, 21 days is not enough. I could spend that amount of time in London alone....

5/19/2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! Mom is having a wonderful time and we've already planned to get together on the 9th for at least a storytelling, picture showing, casual pizza dinner or something like that!

And Jewels, no snarfing the coffee over there! LOL!

5/23/2007 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home