Wednesday, May 23, 2007

No Sheep For You Questionnaire

To my swap partner, here you go!

No Sheep For You Questionnaire

1. Are you vegan?
- No but I enjoy vegetarian and vegan food. I cook that way several times a week.

2. Look at your yarn stash. What colors do you see?
- The amount of blue doesn’t surprise me but the greens and magentas (that I bought) do. I'm in a few yarn/sock clubs so I have yarns I don't think I'd have bought on my own but really like!

3. What sizes of needles do you own, or do you pretty much have a full range of sizes?
- I have that Denise circular set so I have most of the major sizes there. I have a bunch of size 10.5 straights because I either forgot and bought another set or received them as gifts. I have a few sets of DPNs now that I’m sock knitting but not a wide collection. I need to sit down and actually make a list of what I have so I can just knit as necessary.

4. Out of the following, do you prefer:
- softness or durability: Softness. I know I should pick durability but durable yarn wont get worn if doesn’t feel good.
- generous yardage or quality of fiber content: I struggled with this one but I’m picking quality of fiber content. A lot of crappy yarn is just that, crappy.
- knitting or crocheting: Knitting. I don’t know how to crochet yet.
- making bags or small wearable accessories like hats, socks, etc: Technically both but small wearable accessories are what I prefer to make.

5. What are your favorite non-animal fibers (include silk as a non-animal fiber, if you are not Vegan, since everyone else seems to do so)?
- I haven’t tried a large range of non-animal fibers yet so I don’t have a favorite at the moment.

6. Is there a specific non-animal fiber, or family of fibers, that you have not yet tried but really want to try?
- Ceramic, Seacell, or corn.

7. What non-animal fibers do you absolutely hate, if any?
- Still experimenting so I don’t know yet.

8. Are there some qualities of certain yarns that you especially like or dislike (by this I mean things like: prestrung beads, metallic threads, thick/thin texture, nubby texture, slipperiness, etc.)
- Excessive slipperiness. I have done beading crochet with nylon which looks gorgeous but trying to wind that stuff up is a pain in the butt! I have a couple of skeins that sit in a bag, waiting to be untangled. A few others are in bags until I can figure out how to safely ball them up.

9. Anything else you want to add?
- I’m a kid at heart. I’m easily amused by cloud formations, Cheshire Cat moons, and pretty colors. I love to travel, read, and just enjoy life as much as possible. Ask me questions and I’ll do the best I can to answer them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home