Monday, May 28, 2007

Randomness

Goodness! I've been tagged all over the place. Ok, ok! I'm playing already. ;-)

Here's how it goes. . .each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others & list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you tag a note in their comments letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog. So here it goes!

7. Up until my adulthood, I'd never owned a store bought costume (bought a costume. My mother always made them for me. We would spend months researching and preparing, seriously! I was a Spanish dancer one time with layers upon layers of taffeta. I was a geisha and the local Chinese restaurant retied my obi and re-did my hair (using nice lacquer chopsticks!) for me when I went in to visit. It's one of the many reasons why it's my favorite holiday.

6. One of my favorite hobbies, though I haven't had a chance to do it in a long while, is figure sculpting. On a whim, I took a figure sculpting class over a Summer at the Torpedo Factory and absolutely loved it! Mom of course has my little naked bodies all over her apartment. Sadly I never got around to getting them fired so they'll slowly disintegrating.

5. Hmm... that leads me into another one. My mom and I use to make porcelain dolls a few years back. One time we had so many body parts for dolls in the trunk we just knew a police officer was going to pull us over one day and arrest us! A little after that I moved into sculpting dolls from Cernit, Fimo and Sculpy. Once I find some more time, I'll get back into it.

4. I am a big fan of old radio dramas (yay XM Radio!). I've got "X Minus One" on right now in the background. Back with the Disney Institute was in full swing, I took a class on radio dramas and got to record a small part (I'd come down with a cold right before class) as Bunny Fryer, you know, daughter of the hot dog king Oscar Fryer. LOL!!! I broke into a Southern accent out of know where and just went with it.

3. I have a fairly decent size collection of action figures and fast food premiums currently sitting in boxes, waiting for the day I can take them out and display them again. When I was living at home, I had decorated my room in them, pinning the action figure packages to the wall. One day the neighbor's child came over to sell something for school and while standing in the doorway looked over into my room. My mom said his eyes got huge and he asked if she had a toy store in there. *giggle*

2. I've never learned to swim, even after numerous attempts at lessons. Part of it was because I could never figure out how to turn my head to get a breath while swimming. The main part was because I could see where I was going and would panic. It wasn't until last year that by listening to someone else mention the same thing that the solution was communicated to me! Prescription swim goggles! Though I hope to get Lasik surgery so I don't have to worry about glasses at all, if I don't get it done, I'm getting prescription swim goggles!

1. Some years ago I had a fairly successful cookbook review e-newsletter that I started purely by accident. I was testing out online services for my company and on a whim created a e-newsletter on reviewing cookbooks. I love to cook so this was an easy subject to play around with for a short time. In a fairly short time I had 500 subscribers and growing at a nice rate. After 2 years, my life got a bit... out of control, and I had to let it go.

I think I'm one of the last to people to play so I'm tagging anyone who wants to play along.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I love old radio dramas too. There's a Sirius radio station I listen too. :-)

5/28/2007 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home