Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm The Queen Bee

Over the holiday weekend I finished my second pair of socks, this time using a kitchener stitch toe. I'm not 100% sure I did it right but it looks good. I LOVE MY SOCKS!!!




The pattern is the "Seduction Socks" from Interweave Knits. The absolutely gorgeous yarn came from a wonderful seller I found originally on eBay, Susan Sarabasha. Her website is: www.spinningbunny.com. The colorway is called Golden Sunset. I've named my socks "Queen Bee Socks" because they just remind me of bees and beehives and it just screamed "Look at me!" I am definitely getting more of her yarn, and once I get better control of my spinning, her roving too!

And as an extra reason to smile, my mail carrier delivered the following a little while ago!

Ordered from Phoenix Fiberworks on Etsy.com. The colorway is called "Bittersweet" and is a lovely shades of burnt orange and maroon. It's 440 yards of DK goodness. Nice warm socks or something will be made out of this.

These two yarns are from the Destash blog. I picked up these from Valerie who happens to be one of the owners of Yarn4Socks. The one on the left is called "Run Like Hell" and is from an older Scout Swag yarn. The two balls on the right (the left came off of the larger ball on the right) is by Twisted Fiber Art and is called "Lizardman". Yummy yarns aren't they!

These two balls of Regia Jacquard are also from Destash that I got from Adelle. These will get turned into socks for the hubby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely socks! And girl, you are all stocked up on sock yarn! :-)

5/31/2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger LaVerna said...

They look pretty good to me!Gorgeous!

5/31/2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Cool socks! I am so impressed that they are just your second pair! I love the yarn and the cables.

6/01/2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh! I love them too!!! Now, can you make me a pair that goes up past the THIGH?!? ;)

6/04/2007 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home