Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Persephone's Folly

When Persephone ate those three pomegranate seeds, she broke her mother Demeter's heart. Hades tricked her into eating food from the underworld, forcing Persephone to return to the underworld for 3 months each year. Every time she does, Demeter grieves and stops blessing the world with warmth and abundance by plunging the world into a bitter cold (Winter) as she despairs. So what does this have to do with crafting you might be wondering? Well over the weekend I finished my fingerless gloves!


With these beauties, I'll survive the coldest office or dreariest of Winters!

The details:

Now to wash, block and then use them so much I'll need to make another pair!

9 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

ooh! i love them! mind if i grab your photo for my ravelry page?

6/05/2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger LaVerna said...

gorgeous!

6/05/2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! They were really fun to make. And yes Lisa, I would be terribly honored if you used my photo on your Ravelry page. Now I just wish they'd hurry up and send me an invite!

6/06/2007 6:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love, love, love them!

6/06/2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi TeAntae,
Sorry to bother you - I'm your mother's no-sheep swap pal and as she's in Europe I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about her preferences. Please drop an email to
secretfnordpal AT gmail DOT com
if that's okay.
Thanks!

6/07/2007 5:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Those are just scrumptious! Now I KNOW you can make me some thigh-high stockings!!! Hee! Hee! ;)
K, I've got to get myself into this knitting business. But all I know is knit and purl...

6/07/2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Oh.. they look heavenly! I may need to try and make some before we are plunged into winter again.....

6/08/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

You look thrilled to be finished with those. And they look great! :D Funny though, the yarn seems like it would match your Queen Bee socks from earlier. Happy Knitting.

6/16/2007 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, Tee! When do I get mine???

This is an former coworker of yours who was very into kayaking and salsa dancing... Google me to find my contact info and please drop me a line to say hello... I've been wondering how you have been but don't know how to otherwise find you!

K.S. (OK, that's your final hint..)

7/02/2007 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home