Thursday, July 05, 2007

Catching Up

Hi there folks!

Sorry for the long pause. Work (and life) sometimes has a way of running you ragged. Quick example: I worked a 17 hour day back on the 21st trying to wrangle 27 documents prepared, reviewed and out the door (electronically) by midnight. Then all those documents had to be printed (1 color copy, single sided and 5 B&W copies, double sided). One of those documents was over 500 pages. AND THEY DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO KINKOS!

Anyway...

This is just a little quicky to let you know what I've been up to on the crafty side.

- My first month's beaded journal page is done and I'm working on the second. I'll post pictures of both later this month.

- I've finished one of the Monkey socks out of a gorgeous colorway called "Bittersweet" by Phoenix Fiberworks. It's coming out fabulously! The pattern is lots of fun and the yarn is just gorgeous done up in this pattern. Don't you think? =)




- Slowly but surely the two socks one two circulars are coming along. Not a technique for zipping along but it does work.

- I've finally gotten the nerve to cast on for my first "sweater". Pictures as it progresses.

The next posts will be with pictures of the TON of yarn I've gotten over the past month (yep, mostly sock yarn) and other neat stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

The monkeys look great! I look forward to hearing more of your updates.

7/05/2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger me said...

Cool socks!

Hey, I just noticed your request to come off the VeganPal blog. Sorry if it took awhile to happen, but I don't know when it happened actually, I don't check there or have bloglines or anything. I'm assuming Sarah did it.
*weak smile* I'm out of touch lately...

7/06/2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

The sock looks great!! I hope to knit the Monkey sock soon. I can't wait to see all the yummy sock yarn you've been accumulating. I have several skeins begging to be knit up.
Sounds like work is a bit crazy... knitting (and beading) is good therapy, I'm sure!

7/08/2007 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home